Monday 3 March 2014

Kale Salad with Goddess Dressing




K,  I know I have to post that delicious raw chocolate birthday cake I made for myself this weekend. But something in me wants to post this first, so I'm going with it.

I've really been into kale lately. Like a lot of kale. Pretty much everyday. When Whole Foods has kale on sale - 2 bunches for 5 bucks - my heart skips a beat. I'm all over it. 

I think you too should have a love affair with kale. If it hasn't started already, I'll help you out with a recipe you can't resist. It makes me feel really good and I think it will do the same for you. But you know your body best, I can't tell you what's best for you (even though I can't imagine your body not loving this.)

Anyways my beauty friend, Jenafor, reminded me of this delicious and simple kale salad. It is a hit at every potluck amongst our healthy yogi buds who go nuts for things like leafy greens. I have been eating this a lot and can't get enough. I don't think she'll mind if I share the recipe...Jen? Do you mind? No? Ok. 

So here it is.
  1. Get some kale (preferably organic and on sale)
  2. Wash them
  3. Cut off the stems and throw them out
  4. Rip up the leafy greens and put them in a bowl
  5. Now sprinkle a little salt on them and start scrunching the leaves
  6. What that means is - with your hands, grab a bunch in each hand, scrunch them and let them go. I'm sure there is a better word than scrunch or a better way of explaining how to do that but I'll stick with scrunch.
  7. Repeat that for a few minutes
  8. Eventually, the salad will soften, or wilt slightly
  9. All of this not only makes it more enjoyable to eat, but it also activates all the enzymes and nutrients in the kale (and there are a lot of them) for better digestion and absorption.
Next step: The Dressing

I made this look all pretty in this picture so just follow the recipe.




So go on and give this a go. Tell me you don't love kale now! 


xoSus

No comments:

Post a Comment